So I'm doing a little four mile run around Sedgwick County Park this evening...
Bet you know where this story is headed.
Just after the three mile mark, right when it was getting dark, I looked up and saw a little black and white thing about 5 feet to my right spin around and stick its pretty little tail up at me.
Never had a close encounter like this. The adrenaline burst sent me into a sprint that was surely olympic worthy.
Problem is, that sprint did nothing but send me straight into another skunk about a half mile up the path. I came up on that one so fast, he (or she) didn't have time to get turned around. That one just hunkered down and was faced up to fight.
The good news (besides the fact that I avoided getting sprayed) is that I had one of my better four mile times ever.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Pepe le Whew!
Posted by
Travis
at
29.7.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Great job outrunning those critters. Glad to see you're blogging again.
So you have a problem with skunks because they might make you stink? Then how come every time we go out in a car on a story, you fart in the car?
alright wenzl... you know better than to play dirty with me. Paybacks are hell.
One of my fastest runs was when I stepped on a HUGE spider and it turned out it was pregnant and allllll the babies came flying out of it. It was disgusting but for the 2 miles back home I could feel them crawling all over my legs....
You training for a half?
Training for a half on my birthday (sept 21) and maybe a full in december.
Post a Comment