Friday, September 12, 2008

Rain, anyone?

After a personal plea from my sister, (likely my only remaining reader) I'm finally getting around to updating this thing.

How bad of a blogger am I? I went down to cover Hurricane Gustav and didn't post to this blog. You didn't miss anything. Gustav was about as exciting as this blog.

In fact, it probably rained more in Wichita today than it did in New Orleans. My rain gauge stops counting at 5.5 inches. Rain was spilling out over the top. That's a first.

Needless to say, this led to some significant flooding in Wichita. Particularly on our side of town.

Cars. They don't float. Never have. Never will.

This teen wasn't going to let a little flooding keep him from missing a job interview. What boss wouldn't hire a go-getter like this?

10 comments:

Monty said...

I still read it, Travis

Lane said...

Thank goodness for RSS.

matt said...

ha. i clicked "comment," and lane said the same thing i was going to say. no worries, man.

Anonymous said...

Passive aggressive blogger amelioration.

Every photographer I've know who has worked in Witchita, and there are many over the last 20 years, has pictures of flodding in that city. I've always wondered why they don't fix it.

Anonymous said...

To clarify: Obviously the photographers can't fix the flooding. I mean City Hall should fix it.

Anonymous said...

When did all of this rain happen?

Laurab said...

I just found your blog! and I'll read it!- LB

Kathryn said...

I read your blog. I like Steve Job and his I Phone, but I thought maybe he really did cast a spell on you when you disappeared for weeks.

Anonymous said...

I didn't need a blog update, because I got to see you in person, Hurricane Wavey.

Roy Wenzl said...

I read your blog, to get pointers on where "journalism" is headed.