Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Another Day at the Office

I've spent the last 3 days at the Quivira National Wildlife Refuge in central Kansas. Lots of deer, lots of ducks and and lots of time to just take deep breaths and enjoy being outside. My job sure doesn't suck.


I was enjoying the light and the vibe so much I decided it was time for a self portrait. Our outdoor writer, Mike Pearce, was driving down the road while I snapped this one from the back of my truck. Good thing he decided not to step on it. The second shot is me coming out of a bunch of cattails after photographing bald eagles.





Mike has a friend who owns a farmhouse he uses as a hunting lodge just a half mile from the refuge. We got to crash there. Sure beat sleepin' outside.


Wouldn't be right if I didn't share a couple of favorites from the trip.

This photo is actually about 12 vertical photos... Stitched together using a Photoshop tool called Photomerge. I did a few of these but I think I like this one the most.

7 comments:

Lori said...

two days communing with nature: nice work if you can get it. seriously, those are great photos. (especially the first one. can i get it framed?)

Anonymous said...

Is that a flock of turkeys flying? Thats something you don't see all of the time. I also like the crane one thats cool to me. Is it the deer on that is stiched or the bottom on.

P.S. maybe alittle to much self love there Kimmy Jr.

Travis said...

It's the bottom one, Craig. Kimmy Jr? How do you think you're going to make your poor sister feel when she reads that?

Teresa Vz said...

Aww honey, you're so sexy when you're working hard!

Lane said...

Travis is sexy all the time!

Anonymous said...

Did that old house have high speed internet?

Teresa Vz said...

I think YOU are sexy all the time, Lane! ;)