Sunday, June 15, 2008

Guantanamo: Beyond The Law

The story I was a part of in Albania, Jordan and Afghanistan was published in newspapers and on the web this morning. It's a five part series. You can find a really amazing piece of journalism here.

The website contains a database of 66 former Gitmo detainees, videos I shot and produced and some killer graphics.

Below are some of the detainees I photographed and links to their stories.

Syed Ajan: Jalalabad, Afghanistan.

Nazar Gul: Kabul, Afghanistan

Mohammad Ayub: Tirana, Albania

Mohammad Aman: Gardez, Afghanistan

Amir Jan Ghorzang: Jalalabad, Afghanistan

Abdul Salam Zaeef: Kabul, Afghanistan

Ghalib Hassan: Jalalabad, Afghanistan

This is a group of 20 or so guys on the day they were freed from U.S. and Afghan custody. Most of them had been in Guantanamo for up to six years. There is no profile info on them.

Mohammed Naim Farouq: Gardez, Afghanistan

Khaled al Asmr: Irbid, Jordan

5 comments:

alyssa schukar said...

travis, there are some really cool portraits in there. nice work.

Anonymous said...

Travis, this is some nice work, as usual. Thanks for your hard work on an important project like this.

Anonymous said...

Quite Nice! I'm at Lake of the Ozarks now and saw one of those photos on the front page of a paper...The KC Star maybe? Well done.

Anonymous said...

Killer, Travis. Just killer. I am so proud of you. Thank you for this very, very important piece of journalism.

Chris said...

Those pictures are fabulous, Travis. Thanks for sharing them.