Always amazing what you can discover on the internet, and tonight that discovery for me was Vimeo.com.
Vimeo is a website that allows you to upload video, just like YouTube, but they'll allow you to upload 1280 x 720 HD video instead of the blurry swill that YouTube posts. Probably doesn't mean much to you, but when you've been producing video that gets squeezed into a 320 x 180 window, something 4 times that size and streamed over the web is pretty amazing.
Funny... I was once told, and not very long ago, that there was no point in shooting HD video. You'd never be able to get it online.
The downside: I'm getting old sitting here waiting for the upload. Well over an hour for a 2 minute video.
The video, btw, is one I did recently on a Wichita tattoo artist. Click on the link below the video if you want to watch it in HD.
Wichita Tattoo Artist from Travis Heying on Vimeo.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
High Def Online
Posted by
Travis
at
13.3.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wonder who you've been talking to. Most people I've spoken with are optimistic that HD will be the standard in the not too distant future. It will be more of a problem on the receiving end because people at home can't or won't pay for the bandwidth they need. Our publisher wouldn't even consider non-HD cameras two years ago. I wonder if WiFi II will have an impact on that.
Dude keep doing this way then I can watch them.
Post a Comment