Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kabul, Afghanistan

Well, it's definitely makes Detroit look good.

Kabul actually reminds me of some of the run -down parts of Beijing, except it's like the run-down parts of Beijing on every street corner.

Gotta be careful shooting these kinds of photos. Big no-no. At least that's what I'm told, and I'd like to get to know the locals a little better before I start blastin' away. For now, i'm just going to stick with the moving car, from the hip feature photos.

I'm not letting my guard down but I feel pretty safe here. We have good people working for us. If today was any indication, we'll rock and roll this joint and get out before the bell rings.

5 comments:

matt said...

good luck. look forward to seeing what you do over there.

Skippy Sanchez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skippy Sanchez said...

(PREVIOUS POST REMOVED BECAUSE OF WINE-INDUCED TYPOS)
check out skippy's article, "From The Hip," to avoid beheading in the middle east OR new mexico:
http://jpgmag.com/stories/1139

seriously, amigo, it's good to hear/see you're doing well. can you can score some out-of-the-office pics while you're there....?
-skippy

Lori said...

another exotic location. this trip is amazing. but i'm glad to hear you're not letting your guard down. that's important. i hope you will not lose sight of that. thanks for keeping us posted.

Anonymous said...

It looks all-too familiar, Trav. I can't wait to get back there sometime this year ... sans rifle.