Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pulling An All-Nighter

I feel like I'm in college again. The only difference is, I won't be headed to a Village Inn when the sun comes up. Just the airport.

A driver (the Charles Bronson look-alike) is coming to get me in about 20 minutes to take me to the airport. It's almost 4 a.m. and my flight for Rome leaves at 5:30. If I miss that one... well, I don't even want to think of the problems I'd cause. Oversleeping is something I can't afford to do.

Altin took me out on the town tonight. Wish I had been able to do it sooner. He's a cool guy and a heck of an asset. Basically, if you're a reporter of photographer passing through Albania or Kosovo and this guy's not working for you, you don't know what you're doing. He's worked for some of the biggest names in journalism and is a top flight reporter himself.

So Albania was pretty brief but it was my first foray into eastern Europe. Very cool.

Next post comes from Amman, Jordan. Can't wait. Lots of sentimental feelings for that place.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Um, Alton looks like Buuuuudd. But I'm glad you liked him anyway.

Travis said...

Altin outclasses Bud in every category. No contest. But then again... who doesn't?