I've been witness to some pretty cool sporting moments in my time, but nothing topped last night. Walked out of the Alamodome at 1 a.m. with the conclusion that I just saw something pretty historic.When Mario Chalmers hit this sweetheart with 3 seconds left to force overtime, you would have thought Jesus himself had just appeared. To KU fan, he probably did.
Here's today's sports section. The picture ain't all that, but it was the moment, I guess.
A pretty memorable night... even for a Husker.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
What A Game! (Updated)
Posted by
Travis
at
8.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'd written off the Jayhawks. You should have heard the "Oh"s at my house when Chalmers hit the trey. A fun game to watch.
Sorry we missed you in ICT last week. Congrats on getting such an iconic jube shot, looks like must've played pretty well in today's paper.
I stood to win $100 in the office pool had Memphis won ... but it was pretty cool nonetheless.
you did pretty good, travis. take the rest of the week off.
Incredible photo, Travis. I'm actually wearing the T-shirt with today's sports page on it right now.
What.....are you a Husker???? Oh Travis, I'm so sorry. :-)
You're blog is pretty funny. I must add it to my list.
Truh's going to get me a shirt. Oh, won my office pool too. For once!
Your photo does a good job showing how much hand-in-the-face Chalmers had when he threw up that shot. It does more justice than the television did.
I think the Eagle did an awesome job of covering the Jayhawks in San Antonio. I thought our photos, stories and columns were second to none.
Your photos were great!
Post a Comment