Well... I sure know how to pick 'em, eh? KU rolled into the National Championship game with a convincing win over North Carolina. Now I'm stuck in a Texas a few more days. At least it's not Detroit.
McClatchy is cleaning house at the final four. Four different McClatchy papers, along with staff members from the Washington bureau, are on hand. From left: Jeff Tuttle, Wichita Eagle; George Bridges, McClatchy/Tribune photo editor and technical wizard; Linda Epstein, MCT Photo Boss and the fine lady who gives me the best photo assignments; Me, looking like an ass and Shane Keyers of the Kansas City Star, who's been on the road so long his wife has probably sold off all his belongings.
Shot the first half from the upper photo deck. Not very fun. But at least the view is good.Who can say their governor is this much fun? Kathleen Sebelius, the governor of Kansas and a devoted Jayhawk fan, didn't change her cheering habits for one second when a photographer showed up in front of her. Trust me... you don't see that everyday.
The sister and mother of KU forward Darnell Jackson are overwhelmed as the Jayhawks start to pull away.
I'd be letting you Jayhawkers down if I changed my tune at this point. Monday night's showdown at the Alamo: Memphis 72, Kansas 69.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Rock Chalk
Posted by
Travis
at
6.4.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HEY! Crazy I found someone from the Kansas City area, sort of. I work for FOX 4 News. If you like, email me your Jayhawk photos of the Final Four and I'll post them on myfoxkc.com.
Working until later this afternoon.
You can email them to wm@wdaftv4.com.
Our anchors, John Holt and Al Wallace are down there covering the final four taking pictures etc. I can add your photo gallery to theirs.
Email us if you're interested!
FOX 4 News ... working for you!
ROCK CHALK!!!!!!!!
Not only is your governor a real person, but a democrat.
I think Kansas has an excellent chance of winning. I expect great jube pictures from you.
I would hate being stuck in San Antonio for a week on the company's dime. God, that would suck.
I love Kathleen's belly shirt!
Ahhh ... Dick's Last Resort! I hung out with a few Wranglers players in that place in 1998 (almost 10 years ago; now that's frightening.) I can still see Phil Stephenson eating a silver bucket full of chicken wings.
Photos look great as always ... keep up the good work dude!
Post a Comment