Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Another Week, Another City

Well.. thanks to Davidson College's inability to run a play on the basketball court with 16 seconds left, I'm headed to San Antonio this week while the lucky Jayhawks play in the Final Four.

I know what you're thinking... my last blog post said I was "dreaming of San Antonio." Well... that's just because I was in Detroit and by the end of the week Kalamazoo was starting to sound pretty good, too.

Mostly though, i'm just a little road weary. It's a different city every week and pretty soon, it's going to be different country every week. More on that later when I shore up the details.

Anyway... This pic of San Antonio's Riverwalk looks a tad bit nicer than the rust of Detroit. I hear the Mexican Food is nice... and I like beer... so it's already got that going for it. Well, I guess you can get beer anywhere, huh?

Last but not least... my Final Four prediction: North Carolina 83, Kansas 68. I'll be on the road home Sunday morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you can't make the NNPA's Savage Seminar, we were hoping VZ would come in your place.

Anonymous said...

I thought sure KU would blow it, they couldn't in-bound the whole game. I thought Self did a poor job of coaching that game. Davidson had'em right where they wanted them.

My oldest brother lived in Detroit and we went to visit him several times when I was a kid. Even the 70's when cars were king and people were employed Detroit was a dump.

Unknown said...

I know you're sick of the road Travis, but you really should enjoy San Antonio now, especially if you've never been before. My little brother used to live there and it is a gorgeous old city. After Detroit, you're going from one extreme to the other.

rev amy said...

Oh ye of little faith.

I agree the inbounding was a confusing problem but since Roy Williams never likes to play defense (just run and gun baby) I think KU has a chance to win, a chance I say, to win the track meet.

Travis, I was in San Antonio for a work/mission trip a few years ago and went running every morning on the riverwalk. Don't know where your staying but about 7am it's quiet and beautiful down there.

Lori said...

I hope you're stuck in San Antonio until Tuesday. Ha.