Friday, August 3, 2007

Return to Greensburg


Made it back to Greensburg for the first time in a couple of months on Thursday.

One could argue that it actually looked better with piles of rubble everywhere. At least with that, you had some means of finding your way around. It used to be that I could identify a building, such as the high school, by its unique brick pile. A house was represented by a particular pile of splintered lumber.

Now it's just slabs of concrete and weeds.

I made a little time lapse video you can watch by clicking on the picture above or on this link. Warning: It gets old pretty fast.

2 comments:

Lori said...

This is awesome. This one photo illustrates how much better a photographer you are than me. Not that there was ever any debate. I'm just saying. Having been to Greensburg recently, I can identify with this photo. It's so sad.

Lori said...

The time lapse video is beautiful and eerie at the same time. And, as others who've been to Greesburg recently have said, it's odd to see the damaged trees covered in leaves now. I'm enjoying your blog! Thanks for sharing your great photos.