... I learned today that it's also known as Southern Hills Country Club in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
I always had a feeling hell was somewhere in Oklahoma.
This is me in Hell's media center.
I'm covering the PGA Championships this weekend and for me to tell you it's hot down here would not even begin to do it justice.
It was misery the likes of which I've never experienced. I've truely never been that overheated in my life. I almost had to bow out at one point. My heart wouldn't stop pounding, I ached all over.
It was 101 degrees today but that golf course felt like an oven. Before you lecture me in the comments section about drinking water, know this: I drank 160 ounces on the course today. That's 1.25 gallons. That doesn't count what I had before I walked out the door.
I may look comfortable in this snap, but trust me, I'm not. Carrying all that camera gear around was obviously not helping. This is at the 18th green while I wait for Tiger Woods to finish. It was the first break I had all day.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Speaking of Hell....
Posted by
Travis
at
11.8.07
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i can't imagine a worse combination than oklahoma, golf and the heat...
Ugh. It hurts just looking at this. August SUX.
Hope you're being good to yourself today (Sunday.) You need to take it easy for a couple of days -- no running outside!!
Dude, I believe you. I played 18 with a cart on Saturday and it wiped me out. It's possible to drink too much water also. You sweat so much and leach all the minerals and electrolyte (sic) out of your body, that's why Gatorade was invented. I watched the final round Sunday, Tiger was mopping his whole body before shot.
Remind me to ask you the next time I see you about how to shoot a PGA event.
Post a Comment