Saturday, August 4, 2007

Scenic Frame of Mind

It's no secret that I'm not much of a fan of the scenery in Kansas. I grew up in Wyoming for heaven's sake! Can you blame me? One can hardly stay awake driving across this oversized pancake. If you get lucky, you might see a tornado.

Having said that, I will admit that the drive from Wichita to Manhattan is probably my favorite. No matter your choice of highways (177 or K-15) it's a pretty peaceful drive.

By looking at the tail fin, I'm not the first person who's taken a shot at this windmill along K-15.

3 comments:

Amy D. said...

Beautiful.
I'm decorating my WSU office...how much for a print? Needs to fit in an 11X14 frame (with some room for matting) to match my Dave original.

Mike Shepherd said...

K-177 is waaaaaaaaaaay better than K-15, especially on a cool, crisp, overcast day in the fall. US77 ain't too bad, either.

love the windmill photo!

Unknown said...

Frickin' beautiful shot.